Sock Weight Yarn
Rocking Sock Yarn
- 75% Superwash Merino, 25% Nylon
- Fingering/Sock weight
- Approx. 437 yards / 400 m / 100g
- Recommended Needles: US 1 to 3 (2.25 – 3.25 mm)
- Knitting Gauge: 28-32 sts = 4” (10 cm)
- Recommended Hook: C to E (2.75 – 3.50 mm)
- Crochet Gauge: 22 – 25 single crochet = 4” (10 cm)
- Care: Wash in cold water (machine or by hand) lay flat to dry.
Rocking Sock Yarn is a wonderfully soft 75% Superfine superwash merino and 25% Nylon yarn. Because of the nylon content, this is a really durable and reliable blend for certain projects.
75% merino wool and 25% nylon is my absolute favorite for socks. Not only are socks made with this base soft enough to be worn against your skin all day long, thanks to the nylon, they are strong enough to hold up for a very long time. Added bonus, wool wicks away moisture, so making camping socks out of this merino wool is ideal.
Additionally, the stitch definition on this yarn lends itself very well to things like cables and lace.
This blend and weight also lends itself beautifully to baby sweaters, a myriad of accessories, beautiful cardigans, great t shirts, and just about anything you can think to make with wool yarn.
I love every project I work with on my rocking sock base. In fact, this is one of my favorite bases of all time. I have a Verdun Circular sock machine (which I have named Frankie), and this yarn knits like butter through it. Rock on!
Check out some of the projects made with Rocking Sock Yarn on Ravelry.